How many times have you tossed out leftover pasta? Maybe you haven’t, but I have certainly been guilty of this. Leftover pasta seems to lose something the next day. But for this recipe it’s just perfect.
Pasta Breakfast Skillet. Now, before you tell me that pasta isn’t for breakfast, I’ll ask you why not? It’s a carb. Pancakes, bagels, and potatoes are all carbs and are breakfast foods.Why not pasta too?
This skillet dish is sort of like a carbonara pancake. Pasta, eggs, Parmesan cheese and bacon. All mixed together and cooked in a skillet just like a pancake. But the beauty of this dish is that you can use pretty much whatever leftovers you have sitting in your fridge.
Bits of ham, peppers and onions, leftover crumbled sausage. Honestly, just about anything works. So, before you toss out that leftover pasta, think breakfast. Pasta, it’s not just for dinner!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups leftover cooked pasta
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup milk
- Any add ins such as bacon, pancetta, veggies, etc
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss around to evenly coat with egg. Pour into heated skillet and cook until golden brown on each side, about four minutes for each side.
- To make flipping easier, I used two skillets that were the same size. I just topped one with the other and flipped it over.