I’m totally not going to help your cause today. That said, I have a soup recipe that will be coming up in a few days that is very healthy and will balance things out. But I have to tell you, that healthy soup goes swimmingly well with this Loaded Bacon Cheddar Bread.
When bread comes out of the oven, everyone is happy. When this comes out of the oven, everyone is speechless. While I baked this recipe in a stoneware loaf pan, you can feel free to use a standard metal loaf pan if you so desire!
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3¼ cups warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2¾ cup cheddar cheese, fresh grated not bagged
- 10 strips cooked thick cut bacon, chopped and divided
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl combine water, yeast, salt and sugar. Allow mixture to sit for several minutes.
- Add flour, two cups of cheese, ½ bacon and fresh ground black pepper. Stir with spoon until combined. Dough will be shaggy. Don't stress if it looks messy. It will come together in the end.
- Cover with a towel and allow to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour, turn dough out onto a floured board and knead for a few minutes. It does not need to be completely smooth. Just knead it long enough to come together. Divide dough into two equal halves and place in standard loaf pans.
- Cover loaves with remaining cheese and bacon. Cover with towel and allow to rest for thirty minutes.
- Bake in a 400º oven for fifteen minutes. Cover loosely with foil and reduce heat to 350º and continue baking for another 35 minutes. Remove foil and allow to bake for another 10 minutes.
There are affiliate links in this post that I believe are relevant to the recipe.