Ahhh, Trader Joe’s. How much I love thee. Sure, I love you for your abundant produce and healthy whole grains, but do you want to know what I love most about you? Your Cookie Butter. The sinfully rich cookie spread that might taste great on toast if it ever actually landed on the bread instead of from the knife straight to my mouth. I’m not a patient woman.
And I’m fairly certain your intent was for people to use it as a spread. Perhaps as a dip for apple slices. But you know what? I thought it would be even better mixed together with some flour, sugar and some eggs, baked in a bundt pan and then topped with a rich chocolate ganache. Because that’s how Cookie Butter should roll. Word.
If for some very sad reason you do not have a Trader Joe’s nearby, you can easily order Cookie Butter online! Thank God for Amazon!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, unsalted and at room temp
- 1 cup Cookie Butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 10oz semi-sweet chocolate
- ⅓ cup Cookie Butter
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together sugar, butter and Cookie Butter. Add eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is thoroughly incorporated. Add milk.
- By the heaping spoonful, add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into Bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before coating with ganache.
- For ganache heat chocolate, Cookie Butter and cream over low heat until smooth and silky. Allow to cool for three to four minutes before pouring over cake.
- Pour ganache around the top of the cake, using a spoon to nudge it in the direction you want it to drip. Make sure to lick the ganache spoon when you are done. It's the right thing to do.
There are affiliate links in this post which I believe will help you find the items you will need for this recipe.