It’s hard to believe that Easter is almost here. This is both exciting and terrifying all at the same time. Hooray for Spring! I am so ready for flowers and sunshine. But good grief I’ve got to prepare for the holiday. This one really snuck up on me!
Today I’m partnering with Del Monte to share a quick and easy side dish for your holiday table. The recipe I’m sharing with you today, Chorizo and Corn Casserole, is a fun side dish you can make in a jiffy and a spin on Del Monte’s very popular and simple to make Cheddar Corn Casserole which is one of their #10MinuteWowRecipes. This is a classic that has been served on my family’s holiday table for years and I’m sure most of you are familiar with this side dish classic!
My version is spiced up a bit with chorizo sausage. My family loves food that bites back a bit. They also love the flavors of Mexican cuisine. So besides chorizo, I’ve also added in cilantro and tomatoes. A fun and hearty twist on a classic dish!
Del Monte’s #10MinuteWow meals focus on quick and easy recipes for your holiday table. What I love about this recipe is that most of the ingredients are tossed together in one bowl which makes clean up so much easier! No one wants to spend the entire holiday washing dishes.
Mix the ingredients in a bowl. Pop it in the oven and thirty minutes later you have a bubbly cheesy dish that will please the whole family!
Del Monte has some other classic dishes that can be prepared in ten minutes. Check out these recipes for your holiday table:
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, cooked and drained of fat
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, about 12 oz.
- 2 Tbsps. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (ore more to taste)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cans (15.25oz.ea.) Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss together cheese, flour and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Stir together milk, cream cheese, ⅓ cup green onions and hot sauce in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add corn and shredded cheese mixture; stir well to blend evenly. Mix in chorizo, tomatoes and cilantro. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining ⅓ cup green onions.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Del Monte. The opinions and text are all mine.